Sometime the application is connect to MySQL server is not only web application, it is windows native application.
1. Install LAMP and PhpMyAdmin on Ubuntu server
- Install LAMP Stack (Linux,Apache, Mysql, PHP) with command below:
sudo apt-get install lamp-server^
- Install PHP5 (Some applications require other PHP5 mods) with command:
sudo apt-get install php5 php5-gd php5-mysql php5-curl php5-cli php5-cgi php5-dev
sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin
Watch video Install LAMP Server in Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS
2. Test LAMP server
- Open browser and type the server IP address in the address box
- Type the server IP address and "/phpmyadmin" in the address box
Watch video test LAMP Server
- Removing the line "bind-address 127.0.0.1" from "/etc/mysql/my.cnf" with command :
sudo nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf
- Restart MySQL server with command :
sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart
Watch video configuration MySQL to listening from externally
4. Add user to MySQL
- Connect to MySQL with command :
mysql -u root -p
and type your password
- Create local user (demo1) with command :
mysql> CREATE USER 'demo1'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass';
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'demo1'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;
- Create remote user (demo1) with command :
mysql> CREATE USER 'demo1'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass';
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'demo1'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION;Watch video create MySQL user
5. Connect to MySQL using ODBC on Windows 7
- Download and install MySQL connector/ODBC
If MySQL connector/ODBC - Error 1918 during installation process you can fix it by copying
"C:\Windows\System32\msvcr100_clr0400.dll" to "msvcr100.dll" and continue with the install.
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools
- Open "Data Sources (ODBC)"
- Click "Add"
- Select "MySQL ODBC 5.2 Unicode Driver" and click "Finish"
- MySQL connector windows will appear, fill in all data and click "Test" button
- "Connection successful" you can connect native application to ODBC MySQL conector
Watch video connect to MySQL using ODBC on Windows 7
You can add mysql user by phpmyadmin